Monday, March 2, 2009

Publishing/Marketing

I had always envisioned publishing this book with a portion of the profit going to charitable organizations focused on finding a cure for children's diseases or those providing support to families dealing with a child being diagnosed with a major illness. I was going through the literature given to me when Blake was diagnosed this past weekend. I discovered that one of the books was published by Candlelighters, one of the organizations that has an office in Texas Children's Hospital. I spoke with an old contact at Texas Childrens and she explained that all literature given to their patients or patients' parents must go through a literature review. It doesn't matter how the book is published. So.....I have to get the book written and published before I can start pursuing hospitals and organizations to support. Still a long way to go....

2 comments:

  1. I have now made contact with the literature approval process contact at Texas Children's. She will be kept in the loop as far as progress on the book. I'm hoping to have a meeting with her in the next few weeks to get more details on the process. Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meetings scheduled with Texas Children's Hospital, MD Anderson, and Memorial Hermann Children's. Keep those parents in need in your prayers....

    ReplyDelete